09 July 2013

An Update Intermittance.

I started this blog a couple of years ago, when my son (I call him Tyke) was about two. He turned four in March. It was largely inspired by Xanthe Wyse's blog about raising a son with Asperger's Syndrome through the lens of her own Asperger's, and coming slowly to grips with my own Asperger's. As it turns out, Tyke does not have Asperger's Syndrome. He has a thoroughgoing ASD in the PDD-NOS* range, distilling my more modest ASD with Beautiful's OCD. Baby sister "Chipmunk" is now two in every way but size. She is, so far, alarmingly Neurotypical! Whatever's a father to do?

*"Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified" is almost the lamest acronymized label in the English language. I am surprised it was not invented by an Army bureaucrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have no idea what this guy's talking about. Who comes up with this schtick anyway?